Hello everyone! Salut tout le monde!
This is a unique blog post, because as you can tell by the title, today is my birthday! For this very special occasion, I have decided to share 20 facts about myself because it is my 20th birthday. Enjoy, and feel free to comment any questions you may have below.
1. I have had many nicknames in my life, but the two that I cherish the most are Music Jukebox and Nala. I got the first nickname because I love music and my friends could play any song on the radio and I would know it. The second I got during this trip because I love musicals, and I identify with the character Nala who left and returned to her homeland in The Lion King.
2. I have been through many location changes. I have lived in three states, and I have been to eight different schools (not including my university). Because of this, I have a subconscious timeline in my head of how long I can stay in one place for so long.
3. I owned a King Charles Cavalier for two and a half years, and his name is Aslan. I gave him up for adoption before college, and he is now living his best life with a retired couple that lives in Florida in half of the year and Wisconsin the other half. We still get the chance to see each other every once and a while.
4. I am an only child. I did used to want siblings but now I realize it was truly necessary for me to be who I am and where I am today.
5. I have friendships that have lasted for over 15 years. Some friends I speak to more than others, but I have kept in touch with them all over the years.
6. I have been obsessed with musicals since I was a child, and my favorite musicals are Lion King and the Color Purple. I know all the words to the Lion King Broadway soundtrack, and I can sing most of the songs on the original Color Purple soundtrack.
7. I’ve been told that I have an old soul, and I believe this to be true. My most prized possession is my turquoise vintage turntable, and I have over 50 record albums in my collection. Some are also used as decorations for my dorm room at Hampton.
8. My favorite movie is the black and white film Bringing up Baby with Katherine Hepburn, and every time I watch it it makes me laugh until my sides hurt.
9. I love any movie or book that can make me cry. My favorite tear-jerker of all time is the movie A Walk to Remember. The one tear-jerker movie that I did not cry about is The Fault in our Stars, but I did cry over the book.
10. I have been an avid reader since I was 4, and I have even created a book club while abroad. My favorite authors are C.S. Lewis and L. M. Montgomery, the authors of The Chronicles of Narnia and Anne of Green Gables series. They are both deceased, and if I could go back and time and meet them I definitely would.
11. Last year was my first year of college, and I was loosely involved with seven organizations. It was a challenge, but I would not have done it any other way.
12. I am a triple threat, which means that I have been singing, acting, and dancing since I was a child. I began singing at 5 and acting in roles at 8, but dancing is my heart because I’ve been doing that for as long as I can remember.
13. I like to laugh and joke a LOT, and I do consider myself the funniest person alive. There are very few things in the world that I can’t find some type of humor in.
14. My favorite tv show as a child was Sesame Street, and my favorite tv show throughout my teen years to now has been A Different World. Hence, my decision to attend an HBCU (historically black university).
15. My favorite instruments are string instruments, meaning the piano, violin, guitar, etc. I learned to play each one to a certain extent. I also used to song-write and compose (with the app GarageBand specifically).
16. I have been to over 15 states, 8 countries, and 3 continents. I had my first overseas travel experience to Cameroon right before I turned 2. I celebrated my 2nd birthday with my family in Douala Cameroon, with a DJ. The next continent on my list is Asia.
17. My favorite birthday was when I turned 11. I had a purple limousine as an escort for me and my friends, it began to snow on my birthday, and it was the last time I celebrated my birthday while living in my hometown St. Louis, MO.
18. I have a love for languages, which really began in high school. I began to learn the basics of Spanish and French in elementary, but I became proficient in them in high school. I can say basic phrases in several languages, and my favorite language of all is Hebrew, because to me it sounds like a song and a prayer.
19. My favorite singers are Celine Dion and Anita Baker, and my favorite band is Journey. My favorite Gospel artist is Tasha Cobbs Leonard, and I love the worship band Hillsong United. My favorite songs presently are pretty much any of the top hits featured on the music channels in Cameroon. I have made a list of some of them below.
20. I carry hot sauce in my bag in the States and something similar called piment in Cameroon. My favorite foods since childhood have been crab, green vegetables, and literally anything with dairy. I really don’t know how people who don’t eat dairy and seafood do it.
Lastly, I found an amazing blog post discussing the mindset of a girl who is a global traveler, and I would like to share it here because I think it sums me up pretty well. I hope you enjoyed reading this, and that it has provided more insight about who I am.
Make sure to check back here soon for more!
1er Gaou- Magic System
Toofan-Gweta and Affairage
Eazi- Leg Over, Go Ga Ga ft. Kerozen
Nabila-Ca Va Aller, Prends Ma Main, Ça Ira
Go Gaga-Fanicko and Mr Eazi
Flavor Nabania- I love ALL of his music here are some songs: Shake, Ashawo Remix, Sexy Rosey, Black is Beautiful, Time to Party, Adamma, Gollibe, etc.
Katika-Diamond Platinum and Kenzo
African Women-DJ Shimza
Eddy Kenzo-Sitya Loss
Find my Way-Locko, Tzy Panchak, Stanley
Chindinma and Hiro-Ton pied mon pied
Lova Lova-Tiwa Savage
Locko-Booboo, Je serai La, ndutu, come for me, Hein hein hein,etc.
Daphne-Calée, Jusqu’à la Gare, Promets Moi, etc.
Mise au Point-Josey
Kerozen- La Victoire
Bra Fire- Gong Marley Jr
J martins ft dj Arafat- Touching Body
Lelo Lelo and Mon Boulot-Innoss’B
Davido-FIA, Fall, Assurance
Première Classe-Ferre Gola
Comme Ça, What does not Work, and Weekend-Salatiel
Higher-Higher, Sokoto, and Power-Magasco
Sista-Charlotte Dipanda and Yemi Alade
X Maleya-Dans L’os, Mon Mariage, and Fianga
Désormais -Koffi Olomidé
Ambe ft Daphne-Better Boyfriend
Happy New Year Bonne Année Sarkodie-Adonai ft Castro
Nguele-Tour 2 Garde
Until the next adventure,